I believe, and will strongly and tirelessly advocate for the following electoral reforms:
- More non-partisan elections in the executive branch (all school board elections, county elections, sheriffs, attorneys, auditors, clerks, and more).
- No tax-payer funded primary elections that are not open to all taxpayers. If you can’t vote in it, you shouldn’t pay for it.
- Finding ways to reduce barriers to voter registration, including advocating for safe online voting.
- All legislative borders must be drawn according to non-partisan standards. We need to establish legal standards that would make partisan gerrymandering impossible.
- Incorporate ranked-choice-voting for ALL Utah elections at all levels. No more campaigning to the more extreme base. No more choosing the lesser of two evils.
Read more about my thoughts on RANKED-CHOICE VOTING HERE!
READ MORE ABOUT NILS’S VIEWS ON OTHER GOVERNMENT REFORM ISSUES